Thursday, August 1, 2013

Strand of life

"All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. Man did not weave the web of life. He is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself."
Chief Seattle, 1854

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome quote! I would like to post on my face book and blog if that is ok with you. Please let me know!

    This is Megan Donahue from class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great your more than welcome to post it. Thank you for the feedback.

      Delete
  2. That is a great quote and it is so true! Yesterday, I was flying back to Florida and we couldn't land because of bad thunderstorms. The woman next to me was becoming very distressed. She was worried because she had a connecting flight. She asked why I didn't seem upset or bothered. I told her that there was nothing I could do to change the situation and being we were all safe, there was nothing to get upset about. She thought about it and said you are right maybe the delay prevented something bad from happening. I agreed and told her besides if it were not for the delay we probably wouldn't have had a conversation and that would have been sad. Just talking to her made her feel better and changed her perspective about the situation. Proof that we all have a connection and can affect another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent Susan we touch people with our presence all the time but you also used your words to comfort her and make her feel safe. So many times we see people struggling and forget to reach out with the tools the creator gave us to help others. We have our words, hands, presence, eyes that can convey safe and loving feelings toward so many people. Have you ever just smiled at someone frowning and give them the look it will be okay? Have you noticed that you can see their troubles for just a second be relieved? What you gave that women that day was a gift of a part of you. That is just wonderful thank you for sharing.

      Delete