Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Knowing who I am and week three of finding integral health

Looking into my current life situations I would rate my physical well-being on a scale from one to ten a four currently due to my health issues at the moment. It is kind of hard to see it any other way when you are fighting the battle of your life. On the same scale I would rate my spiritual well-being as a seven at the moment but working on that every day by giving myself permission to not be the person who puts everyone first and not allow myself anytime on my own. This also plays into my psychological well-being and who I see myself as and who I can live with me being so this would be a six on that scale. Again I have been working very hard on changing these for myself and those around me.  For the physical well-being I started a few weeks ago but I have changed how I eat, when I eat, how much I eat as well as becoming more physically active in my day to day activities. I have set the goal of reducing my blood pressure and becoming free of diabetes by proper control of my life and diet. For spiritual and psychological they to me work together so I will establish these together. In this task I am allowing myself me time which I have set aside each day, I am also riding with my husband (truck driver) while not needing to be in treatments or have appointments. Let me tell you this is working wonders for me to be able to spend time like this with the love of your life has no explanation but I can tell you this I feel young again. We can be riding down the road and I look at him and the peace runs over me like a river over a creek bed.

On the relaxation exercise I actually want to share something about this. I went to my bedroom and cleared a area on the floor; turning on the exercise I started to relax… Next thing I knew my grandsons and granddaughter come bursting in the room quickly ending the exercise. So I decided to take a walk and go outside and try it…not to much into the exercise my middle and youngest son come out to “see what mom was doing”. I actually decided to give up on the exercise. After deciding to ride on the road with my wonderful husband I was telling him the story and he suggested that he would not interrupt me; just go in the back to the sleeper cab and do the exercise…I felt reguvenated and yes I can honestly say that this exercise has challenged me.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are making some really great strides towards improvement. I want to encourage you to stick to your "me" time. Continue to schedule in time to do nothing or relax even if it's just 10 minutes. In that short space of time you can begin to listen to your body and find out what it needs. This is something I believe can be of benefit to clients or just anyone in general. I know I feel guilty sometimes for scheduling in time to relax when there is so much that needs to be done. But the bottom line is we are not machines and our bodies require rest. It is better to give it periodic rest versus running it down and "crashing" at some point and being of no use to ourselves or anyone else.

    ReplyDelete