Saturday, August 10, 2013

Relaxation and meditation one in the same.

I really enjoyed this exercise and that it brings me back to what I do everyday. I was taught as a young women to go into the woods sit on my blanket and just relax letting the sounds of mother earth and father sky take me to a place of peace. I love going into the woods and just letting the modern world go and listen to what the creator has put before us to enjoy. This exercise was a little different in the aspect I had to remain in the house to hear but it took me to a different place of relaxation. I found myself feeling my arms settle to my side, feeling my muscles settle while sitting to the floor, and my pulse...I could feel my pulse on my leg from my arm. Than my mind started drifting as though I was laying on a bed of clouds floating within the grace of father sky's embrace. It was a wonderful experience that I truly enjoyed. I look forward to learning more in this class to help promote the working facets of Integral health.

4 comments:

  1. Jean,
    I also have taken the time to spend outdoors to enjoy what nature has given us. I too had a hard time keeping my arms on my legs, I wanted to let them hang :) At first I didn't think it would work to get my blood to my arms or even to my shoulders where they were sore from working out, but I felt a whole lot better when I was done. I agree with you, I am also looking forward to learning, working, and promoting integral health.

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like yourself I love being outdoors and just wish there were outdoor places than just the White Sands park here. Although very nice and peaceful just a little to far to go. But this whole process of meditation and becoming more in tune is something I enjoy and have for years. Great comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jean,
    I love spending time out doors as well, I love to sit at the ocean, this would probably be a good exercise to do there. Also, during our women's retreat at church we preform an exercise similar to this. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean,

    I actually heard this exercise in the park on my smart phone. I found that the external stimulation of nature was very fulfilling. One thing that I found interesting was how we are able to control our body temperatures through meditation. Did you experience that?

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete