Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Loving you in spite of yourself.

This week was hard for me and I spent all week in the hospital with a terrible side-effect from my chemo. I got home this morning and started working on my homework in hopes to keep up. I tried to do this exercise and all I could do is think about the dirty house, the bills that needed paying, and how could I possibly get sick at a time like this. I was hearing the words but it was really not sinking in...I stopped myself and realized for me to relax I needed to remove myself from the home environment. I got my husband to help me get out to my "resting place" in the woods where I like to mediate and than started listening to the mp3 again. As the exercise played I heard Love yourself ...love the good in you... love the bad in you...love the sick you..my words of course but you get the drift. I thought I cam accept me than I can accept anything.. I re-read the book and restarted the exercise again. I loved it this time to breathe in the pain and suffering of me, others, to find the peace within myself to accept me..to love myself no only because I am me but because I need it too. I could feel my heart beating, the aches in my body slowly going to ground. I found my center; I need this class right now as we all do but I am finding my struggles with my beliefs in the western medicine world hard and this class is helping me find acceptance in me.  The mental work out is differently a struggle for I am sure everyone but as I keep working on this exercise I am sure that I will feel more enlightened, and how to deal with my body without treating it like a machine.

4 comments:

  1. This class will be so beneficial for you. I have had several classes that have been perfect timing in my life. I hope you can continue with the meditation because it gave my mom great comfort during her time of need. Have you tried accupuncture? It really help my mother deal with the draw backs of chemo. I will send positive energy your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am encourage by your words and that you continue to press- on despite your issues at this time. Mental work outs are a process and I can relate that staying focus is a challenge, but remember how wonderful it will be when you reach the finish line in achieving a level of unity consciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jean,

    I think how you are approaching your current circumstances are admirable but never lose site of inner peace and happiness. The mere thoughts of positivity will benefit you greatly, having any bad feelings or thoughts of doubt will only let anything bad manifest itself faster. It's like the documentary the secret demonstrates. Channel the good energy and that will help you grow and develop and even heal ourselves from within. I wish you best of luck and just as Mei-Ling stated, I'll be sending positive energy your way!

    Best Regards
    -Angel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean, I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time; but I am so inspired by your perseverance. I hope that as you continue to work on finding and holding on to your inner peace that you will find yourself feeling better physically and mentally as well. Thank you for inspiring me to be able to go on in the face of my own troubles. God bless you and heal you.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete